Sunday, November 17, 2013

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
Hi, Readers!

       While I was busy exploring some various blogs, I read a comment on my Top Ten Tuesday post last week that invited me to accept the Liebster Award.  From what I can tell, this award is a cute little way to recognize certain blogs that you enjoy reading by passing on a short survey and linking to other blogs.  I decided to accept El's nomination from So Bookalicious! blog and nominate some other blogs for the award.

Rules for accepting the award: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions they set for the blogs nominated.
3. Nominate 10 blogs of your own (with under 100 followers if possible), and be sure to let them know with a link to your post!
4. Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer in their post.
5. If you do accept, please send me a link to your post!

Questions from my nominator, El, from So Bookalicious!:

1. Why did you decide to start a book blog?
I have loved to read since I was little, and books have always been a major part of my life.  I figured, why not share my love of books with the world?  Plus, I am interested in editing and journalism as possible career options, and a blog is a great way to practice the necessary skill set.

2. Which book character would be your ideal boyfriend/girlfriend?
My ideal boyfriend would have to be Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series.  He has an excellent sense of humor and he enjoys adventure.  Plus, he is extremely loyal and passionate about protecting his loved ones, and he is willing to risk his own safety to protect them.  Also, his family seems like so much fun to be around.

Ron Weasley

3. If you could live in any book of your choice, which one would it be?
Living in the Harry Potter series would be my first choice, and living in the Fablehaven series would be my second.  However, my third choice would have to be living inside of The Magic Faraway Tree series, by Enid Blyton.  In this world, there is a ginormous and ever-changing tree that leads to different worlds, each bringing new adventure and excitement.  Some of my favorite worlds are the Land of Goodies and the Land of Presents.

4. What's your favorite book from when you were little?
I was a big fan of The Everything Fairy Tales Book, which was a huge book filled with tons of stories.  I also enjoyed reading my pop-up Wizard of Oz book and my Disney Princesses book.

5. What do you like to do in your free time besides reading?
I enjoy playing basketball year round and volleyball in the fall.  In addition, I love participating in my church youth group and doing community service.  When I am bored, I like to watch Dance Moms, my favorite TV show (don't judge!).  Hanging out with my friends is also another favorite past time.
Do not read this book!

6. What's the worst book you've ever read?
The Devil's Breath, by David Gilman.  For some reason, I could not stand this book.  It seemed like the author was trying to include suspense and action, but I was bored to death.  I don't think I ever ended up finishing it because I gave up about three-fourths of the way through.

7. Dogs or cats person?
I am not a big animal person in general, but if I had to choose, I would say dogs.  They are adorable to look at, but they kill my allergies.

8. What's your favorite food?
My favorite food is bread.  I know that's pretty boring, but I love many kinds of bread, especially garlic bread and Italian bread.  I also enjoy eating cheese burgers and mozzarella sticks.

9. What do you hope Santa will bring you this year?
Actually, I'm not sure!  I should really start a Christmas list.  I would like some colorful Nike Elite socks for basketball.

10. If you could make one wish, what would it be?
I would wish for everybody to be happy.  Or for more wishes.


My 10 blog Nominations:
1. Jasmine @ High on Books
2. Amie @ Magic of Words
3. Leah @ Yummy Reads
4. Britt @ A Not So Teen Reader
5. Holly @ Absorbing The Content
6. Jen @ A Little Knight Reading
7.  Esther @ Are you sitting comfortably?
8. Becky @ Bibliophiling
9. Tara @ Cinema Fiction
10. Emily @ Emily Hearts Books

My 10 questions for my nominees:
1. Who or what introduced you to blogging?
2. If you could summarize your blog in three words, what would they be?
3. Who is your favorite character of all time and why?
4. What is your least favorite book?
5. If you could meet one author, who would it be?
6. What is the longest book you've ever read?
7. What is your favorite blogging meme?
8. What book would you recommend to everybody?
9. If you could have a superpower, which would you choose?
10. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?

Happy Reading,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Feel free to ask questions or say whatever is on your mind.